Baton Rouge Airport (BTR) to LSU
- Rental Cars: Hertz, Avis, National (on-site) or Thrifty (very
- Drive away from the airport terminal (this is West).
- At Stop Sign ("Welcome to Baton Rouge" sign) Turn Left (South) on
Veterans Memorial Blvd.
- Take right at first stoplight to enter Interstate I-110 (Martin Luther
King, Jr. Interstate).
- Follow I-110 South. This takes you past Exxon refinery. After a
sweeping righthand turn, you will be aimed at the state capitol (tall
"skyscraper"). Another sweeping lefthand turn will restore your southerly
- BE CAREFUL NOW!!! DO NOT EXIT on
I-10 West. If you accidentally do, you will have no choice but to cross the
Mississippi River and turn around on the other side, which is really confusing.
- Instead, you should follow the signs that say NEW ORLEANS.
- Exit Dalrymple Drive. Turn right at bottom of the off-ramp. After
you drive past the lakes and go past a stop light, the road curves around to the right and
things will begin to look like you're on a campus. LSU is in the circle of the 3rd
- The LSU information center is located at Highland & Dalrymple. This
is approximately where the * is in the 3rd map
below. There you can get a real map. Or
try the LSU Map Page.